Enterprise Resource Planning has become essential in effective and efficient warehouse management, these days. Of course, now that it is so popular, there are many different kinds to choose from. Meade Willis, for example, has an XRP suite that offers different tiers of functionality for the diverse workplace.
ERP software application suites provide a diverse set of programs that allow you to fully automate a warehouse of any size. Furthermore, so many of these suites are fully scalable, and that means you can pick and choose the services you need—at a cost that makes sense—and continue to add more as your needs and capabilities grow.
XRP SUITE BENEFITS
The XRP suite has several different interoperable modules designed for maximizing efficiency of data across the whole of the procurement process. These modules can be implemented and used together and, more importantly, independent of each other. You can also group several modules together to expand your automation capabilities.
XRP has a cloud-based architecture, of course, which offers a solution that reduces the restrictions of traditional maintenance and support. It also reduces your deployment footprint and provides fully global coordination of access and visibility in real time.
Networked connectivity allows for reader data that can be configured depending on different reception processes. Documentation and product validation can be added to reduce errors and maintaining appropriate inventories to ensure a fully efficient system.
MAIN XRP SUITE FUNCTIONS
These are the basic functions available when you implement an XRP suite:
- Interoperability with the globalWebEDI platform and XRP library
- Portable barcode reader integration with mobile computing
- Visual workstation display operation and stocks integration for the office or the workshop
- Short and long term calendars for “at-a-glance” consultation
- Parts and parameters management
- Shipped goods return processes to handle refusals, takeovers, returns, etc
- Day-to-day operations logs
- Non-EDI customizable item and non-transactional process management
- All receipt document, storage, and shipping integration and support
XRP SUITE A LA CARTE MODULES
In terms of independence, the modules allow for:
- Warehouse and inventory management of operational data in real time
- Strategic data collection that allows for visual analysis of comprehensive forecasts
- Collaborative tools for business functions
- Link supply and demand decisions to improve the approval process
- Unifying data translation that enables the establishment of data links across every document and system format