Laser engraving and marking is used by big manufacturers and small businesses across the world for creating personalized products, marking compliance, and precision, fast, and cost-effective marking.
Newer laser system technology now provides a portable option with handheld systems. Years in the development of such technology gave many industries portable laser tech for medical applications, but today, the marking sector is evolving with handheld laser marking devices.
Related website: https://www.markinbox.eu/
Handheld Laser Marking Technology & Applications
The lightweight benefits of the handheld fiber laser marking system Dot-Peen laser engraving systems allow you to mark virtually anything anywhere.
- Materials: Plastics, metals, electronics, anodized metals, and carbide are some of the materials that can be marked on using laser engraving technology.
- Applications: The basic applications for laser marking include 2D matrix parts codes, barcodes, fruit and vegetable marking, electronics, defense, security, engineering, automotive, aerospace, and energy applications.
The only real limitation with handheld systems is the marking window, which essentially ranges from 15mm x 33mm to 80mm x 20mm in size. Some brands and models may vary in window marking size. Tabletop or desktop models have a larger window marking size, while still offering some portability.
The Benefits of Handheld Laser Marking
- Lightweight – Handheld devices are known for being lighter weight than their much larger predecessors in all technology, and that’s true in laser tech as well. Large, industrial-sized laser marking systems still exist for certain applications, but for mobile businesses or small businesses, handheld laser tech provides more opportunities and niches.
- Portability – Why do you use your tablet or smartphone when you’re traveling or out and about? You use your mobile devices because they are lightweight, easy to carry with you, and easy to use. Just like desktop computers, laser machines are bulky and not portable. However, handheld laser devices provide you the same conveniences and optimal business applications that smartphones and tablets offer.
- Versatility – Versatile connections make getting connected easier for handheld laser systems like the MarkinBOX medium to small systems. WiFi, Bluetooth, Ethernet, USB, and discreet I/O connections are compatible with the best handheld laser devices.
- Software & OS Compatibility – It’s important to have devices that are compatible with the full range of operating systems and a wide variety of software applications. WISIWYG (what you see is what you get) applications, drag and drop, Sketchbook (Windows-based), and touch programming are some of the applications portable laser systems should share compatibility. The primary operating systems that handheld laser systems should work with include Windows, iOS, and Android.
- Stability – If you’re accustomed to using a larger laser system, you’ll be happy to know that you don’t lose that stability when you switch to handheld, portable laser equipment. You still enjoy high-quality marking and engraving and stable performance, but you get the added benefits of ease of use, feature-rich software, affordability, and an ergonomic design that fits in your hand comfortably, or can be mounted/integrated into production.
The best handheld and portable laser engraving systems use Dot-Peen marking, which generates such great detail that it’s virtually impossible to distinguish the difference between a metal stamp and the mark.